Many people are having troubles with hair that is always greasy, dry or frizzy. They can’t make the hairstyle they want because it is never turning out to be the way they want it.
The problem comes when these people throw themselves into the arms of expensive hair products and therapies that can only make the situation worse.
You need to know that our nature is always here to support us and help us with conditions that are bothering us. You need ingredients like honey, fruits or essential oils and you are good to go with a soft hair that will look however you want it to look.
Natural remedies for a softer hair
Eggs are a common solution for better-looking hair. It is all due to the high amount of protein and lecithin that helps by moisturizing your hair and making it more shiny and sparkly. You can use eggs for hair improvement by:
- Mixing a tablespoon of honey with three eggs and adding two tablespoons of olive or coconut oil. Take the mixture and apply it on your scalp carefully and put a shower cap. Leave it for 30 minutes before washing it with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
- Mixing two eggs with a half cup of yogurt and 1 ½ tablespoon of almond oil. Mix everything until you get a cream and apply it thoroughly on your head. Leave it for 30 minutes before washing it with shampoo and warm water.
- Mixing three eggs with a tablespoon of vinegar, a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of almond oil. To the mixture, you need to add several drops of rosemary essential oil and apply it on your scalp. You can massage your hair and head thoroughly and leave the mixture for 30 minutes before washing your hair.
- Treatment with hot oil
You can always use oils such as olive oil, coconut oil or castor oil to promote a stronger and softer hair. You can combine them with other ingredients or use them as they are. You can always add a small amount of lemon, rosemary, chamomile, carrot or lavender for best effects.
If you have an average length of hair, you will need to heat four tablespoons of oil in a saucepan. Take the outcome and apply it to your head. After that, you can cover your scalp with a hot towel in order to open the pores of the scalp for a better absorption of the oil. You can either leave it like that for 30 minutes or leave it for the whole night. Whatever you do, wash your hair carefully after the procedure is done.
- Honey Hair Mask
Honey is always a great supporter of healthy hair. It can keep it moisturized which always leads to a hair that is easy for maintaining. You can use honey by:
- Washing your hair and applying a half cup of honey. You can cover your head with a towel or a shower cap. Leave it for at least 30 minutes and wash your head with lukewarm water.
- Mixing honey with shampoo and washing your head with warm water.
- Mixing a half-cup of honey with a half of avocado and a tablespoon of coconut oil. Add an egg to the mixture and apply the combination to your scalp. Leave it for at least 30 minutes and wash it carefully afterward.
- Avocado and Banana Hair Mask
These two healthy fruits can promote a healthy and soft hair. They can treat and prevent damage to the hair by improving the levels of elasticity.
To prepare it, mix one avocado with one banana and add one tablespoon of almond oil. Massage your hair with the mixture and leave it for either 30 minutes or one hour. Make sure that you have covered your whole head and wash it with warm water.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera can do wonders with damaged hair, especially if you suffer from dandruff and hair loss. It can promote soft and healthy hair by moisturizing it and bring a certain shine to it.
Take three tablespoons of Aloe Vera jelly and mix them with 1 ½ tablespoon of coconut oil. To the mixture, add 3 tablespoons of yogurt and mix everything thoroughly. Massage your hair with it and leave it for at least 30 minutes. After that, wash your head with shampoo and warm water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
This amazing ingredient can bring a lot of benefits for your health. It also works great as a hair-conditioner because it will cleanse your hair and moisturize it. ACV will control the pH balance of the scalp which leads to removed dandruff.
To prepare it, mix a half cup of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water and apply the mixture to your hair. Leave it for ten or fifteen minutes and after that, just wash your hair completely with lukewarm water.
- Choose a healthy diet
Believe it or not, the condition of your hair depends on what you eat. You need to consume foods that are rich in nutrients such as vitamins (A, C and E), magnesium, calcium or zinc. Eat foods such as spinach, walnuts, fish, lentils, eggs or any dairy products. Also, you need to keep your body hydrated by drinking water. This will remove the toxins in your body and will help you prevent dry hair.
How to soften hair at home: natural homemade hair softener