One of the most essential parts of maintaining a good hygiene is keeping the teeth clean.
It is important to brush and floss your teeth in order to avoid any conditions, such as a cavity. Also, you need to pay extra attention to the gums because they support the teeth to stay in place and they can protect your mouth from bacteria.
In this article, we will give you several tips on how to keep your gums healthy in order to avoid some serious conditions.
Always take your time when you brush your teeth and include your gums in the cleaning process. While brushing, you need to include your gums because they are quite essential for a good oral health.
Together with your teeth, your gums also need to be thoroughly flossed. If there are food leftovers under your gums, you can develop bacteria because of a substance that is called plaque. It will get stuck under your gums and it will keep the bacteria there.
Try to floss your gums at least one time per day in order to remove the particles out of your mouth. If you have a busy schedule, carry a small floss packet in order to commit to flossing.
Aside from the flossing, you also need to brush your gums. If there is food residue, it will block the circulation in your gums and that will prevent the oxygen to rotate in your gum tissues. Also, it can block the healthy and essential nutrients.
Therefore, it is vital that you remove this residue in order to remove bacteria. Try brushing at least 2 times per day.
The ingredients of the mouthwash will remove any bacteria, residue or plaque. If you use it throughout the day, you will improve your gum health and you will reduce tartar buildup around the gumline.
Carry a mouthwash bottle with you and try to include ingredients like thymol, eucalyptol, menthol, and eucalyptus.
Keep in mind to avoid alcohol in a mouthwash.
Visit your dentist
You need to visit your dentist from time to time and require teeth cleaning. He will remove every single particle that doesn’t belong in your gumline. You will never reach those places by flossing like your doctor will.
This will prevent any serious gum diseases and we advise you to do this every six months.
You can use coconut oil in order to destroy bacteria in your gumline and to improve the health of your gums. You only need one tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply it in your mouth and swish it for at least 5 minutes.
It will improve the health of your mouth, especially in the places between the gums and teeth.
By smoking, you will improve the chances of getting a gum condition. If you have some issues developed with your gumline, you need to stop smoking immediately, because that might be the cause of the condition.
If your gums are fine, but you smoke, we advise you to put every drop of effort into quitting.
Cleaning with Oral Care Products
It is essential to clean your gums with oral care products, but you need to be careful because some of them have dangerous substances that can actually harm your gums.
Also, some products for tooth whitening can carry harmful chemicals that can attack the health of the gum tissue.
Focus on more natural products and stay away from toothpaste that contains synthetic abrasives. Focus on products like baking soda, fennel powder, myrrh, mineral powder and xylitol.
Starting a healthy food regime for better oral health
What you eat every day has a lot to do with the health of your teeth and gums. Because your gums are constantly exchanging old tissues with new ones, they will need important healthy elements that will improve your overall health and your oral health.
Starting today, focus on these foods for a better oral health.
- Stay away or focus on a small amount of refined sugar and starchy food. Control how much fruit, white rice, and potatoes you ingest every day. Make sure that you eat foods with high amount of minerals and vitamins. Eat foods such as leafy greens, root vegetables, and lean meats. Also, you need to focus on food that is rich in proteins for a healthy gumline.
- Consume more healthy fats by ingesting ingredients and foods such as coconut oil, avocado, butter and olive oil.
- Include bone broth in your diet because of the minerals that can improve the health of your gums and teeth.
- Do not ingest ice because it can harm the health of your teeth and gum tissues.
- Consume green tea because of the catechins that can prevent inflammation in your body. Also, it can remove any signs of inflammation that occurs at the beginning of a gum disease.
Focus on supplements
After you carefully choose your healthy diet, make sure that you include supplements in order to improve your oral health even more. These supplements that we will mention will fill any nutritional gaps that you have in your diet.
Focus on supplements such as:
- Vitamin E and C for tissue repair
- Vitamin D for better absorption of calcium
- Gelatin for an increased level of proteins
- Magnesium for a better absorption of calcium
- Probiotics for increased healthy bacteria in the digestive system
- Cod Liver Oil for good intake of vitamins A, D, and K
Always take extra care of a gum disease
Never close your eyes on a gum disease and always react on time. Don’t wait for it to get better by itself and visit your doctor immediately. You will probably be advised to floss, brush and deep clean your teeth more than before.
If you turn your back on a gum disease, you might suffer a lot more than in the beginning. You might even need to lose your teeth because the gums can become too loose.